• (function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })(); Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    Friday, January 09, 2004

    Why The Blue Canopy?

    This title bears no relation to the blue canopies used to protect wood piles from rain, cover small boats when they are not being used, save carpet from paint splatters, or any other use those sturdy sheets may have been put to. This variety of blue canopy found its origin in the pages of Shakespeare, who poetically used the phrase "blue canopy" in reference to the sky (I must admit I can't remember exactly which play…do help if you know).

    The description caught my fancy when I first happened upon it in my high school days. It became my first AOL screen name and email address (actually, it was Blucanopy) and has served me well as a user name on many cyber occasions. Naturally, when naming my blog, I decided to use my old standard; seeing as I still appreciate the eloquent phrase and the grand 'ole sky itself.

    After participating in the blogoshere as a silent onlooker and very part-time commenter, I decided to jump on the blogwagon and start one of my own. Although I was an avid journal-keeper in the past, I gave it up a few years ago finding it unnecessarily introspective and at times, flat out vain. This time, I aim to avoid such things and instead hopefully try to create a fairly interesting (for myself and readers), wholly sincere, and down-to-earth chronicle of my voyage as wife, mother, daughter, and feeble handmaiden of God beneath the blue canopy.

    ...Ok, I did say sincere so I ought to be truthful...this blog will be perfectly legitimate excuse to not do the dishes, laundry or cleaning while the baby is sleeping!


    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    babies