• (function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })(); Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    Wednesday, February 18, 2004

    Pomo-whatsi?

    In reading other blogs I have come across terms like "post-modern church movement" and "emerging church." Not having any direct experience with these terms that I know of, I decided to do a little search of my own.

    So, I hopped on google and found some interesting things. Including this article which talks about the movement and their appreciation for old ways of doing things. Like this quote in reference to the Orthodox Church:

    The beautiful thing God does in the church is some people conserve things and they don't even know who they are conserving them for. And that's a beautiful thing.

    I don't get it. I am beginning to see why this movement would rub some the wrong way...especially those who understand fully why the Church has "conserved" the things it has. What is the movement really about? What are they trying to do? I know about home churches and I know about secular post-modernism...but I don't really get what the "Pomo" movement is.

    If anyone can help quench my curiosity, please do so.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    babies