• (function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })(); Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    Thursday, June 03, 2004

    Death From a Child's View

    I wonder what this looks like, what it feels like, what questions arise...does it make any sense? Is heaven easier to believe in? Is there confusion, anger, sadness? Do colors seem less vibrant, songs less delightful? Can death be understood or rationalized? Can God's sovreignty be trusted and His mercy rested in?

    Lord have mercy on Sophie and Alex.

    3 Comments:

    Blogger E Rica said...

    Interesting, there are varying factors, however. Age and closeness.
    Example: My six year-old cousin deals with our cousins death a normalway. He's glad that she's safe in God's hands but he worries about everyone young and old...wondering if they could have a freak accident and die. Although, he feels an emotion of almost compensation for Rebecca's death, she wasn't a mother or a father to him.

    I knew a girl who lost her father at age seven. She said that she didn't understand it well enough until she realized that her father was never coming home again. She said she felt like she knew more than all of her fellow second graders. Life became so unappealing. And she felt guilty about being happy.

    When grief is unquenchable, it is sometimes, as i've heard, hard to turn to God and yet so easy, too.

    I guess no one will know unless they've been through it themselves.

    That is quite a loss. One that can never be replaced. You are all in my prayers.

    12:11 AM  
    Blogger Dave said...

    Mrs H just visiting the grave of her recently reposed grandfather with our two-year-old. He couldn't get his head around the idea that Grampy's body was under the dirt, since he already accepted that Grampy is in heaven with Jesus.

    He's lost two people he loves very much this year (Grampy and my brother) but he seems quite content to accept their move to the other side.

    2:16 AM  
    Blogger Bluecanopy said...

    David, I like that bit about the dirt...so literal:)
    It reminds me of when I once heard my mom telling my dad not to go in to his meeting with a "chip on his shoulder" and I happened to be snacking on chips and made some sort of joke about it, thinking that's what she meant.

    I think it is so beautiful how children easily accept the idea of eternity, something more, etc. I think as adults our "reason" gets in the way so often. I guess that's something they can teach us.

    I guess I feel bad for S & A in the sense that they won't have their dad around as they grow up...they may not even have memories of him later on. That is hard to think about. I know they will most likely process the whole thing in a healthy way...I don't know.

    12:41 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    babies