• (function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })(); Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    Wednesday, June 16, 2004

    My Boys and their Fire

    Yes, it is creeping closer...that one summer day when we celebrate our independence by firing off copious amounts of illegal explosives. I must admit, my appreciation for those little flammable packages has grown over the past few years. I think it is safe to say that my pyromaniacal husband has had some influence on me.

    Last night we took Basil to see a fireworks show at nearby Disneyland. They have nightly shows all summer long and there is a spot where we can go get coffee and watch for free. It was in preparation for Daddy's show to come on the fourth (and I'm not kidding, folks...he does it up right). We were worried that the bangs would startle him because he is kind of sensitive to noise. So, we thought it a good idea to give him a foretaste with the pop, bang and dazzle being a little further away.

    He loved them! He didn't seem to be as crazy-excited as he is about mylar balloons or laughing children, maybe because it was such a new experience. He was definitely pleased and curious. They elicited many squeals and frantic arm flappings. I wish I had a picture to post because it was pretty cute to watch him. I am glad he wasn't scared.

    Now I think it's safe to say we're all going to enjoy that day coming up at the beginning of next month, what's it called again?

    4 Comments:

    Blogger Karl said...

    He's his father's son, it sounds like! :)

    9:52 PM  
    Blogger Sean Reagan said...

    "Celebrate the Independance of your country by blowing up a small part of it." - Apu Nassapassasomethingorother from The Simpsons.

    Maybe we could have a church get-together and share all of our pyromaniacal delights on the 4th. :D

    3:19 AM  
    Blogger Bluecanopy said...

    you shold talk to the munkee about that...i think he just may have a few words for you, my friend :) really, talk to him tommorrow at vespers.

    6:15 PM  
    Blogger deleted said...

    I'm there! Woo-hoo! Firey explosions, colorful destruction, smoke, bang!, YEAH!!! Ummm... I think the 4th of July is called Independence Day...That's to celebrate when a bunch of white folks from Europe came here to liberate the "Indians" from having to take care of "India" by themselves. See, it was just too big of a task for them, as they only had teepees and bonfires. We thought we could help them by shooting a buch of them and thus allieve thier over-population. I'm in a bit of a conflict, being both "Indian" and WASP. It's a weird thing, but I think all the fun booms and bangs have something to do with that. Oh yeah, the fireworks were a big thing for the people from China that my white ancestors used to use to do their laundry. Wow, makes me feel all patriotic. Anyway, I luv fireworks, anything that bangs and booms and goes ka-boom-smash-crash really.

    10:09 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    babies