• (function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })(); Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    Thursday, June 24, 2004

    Pressing On

    I know I shouldn't beat myself up, but on the other hand, I shouldn't set a low standard, either. I always thought that the stay at home mom (SAHM to the savvy) lifestyle would yeild many quiet moments and much spiritual reading, faithful times of prayer, reflective ponderings and opportunity for service to others. While some days are better than others, I'd have to say that on the whole, my days are not what they could be.

    When I do get a quiet moment, what do I do? I grab a snack and plop down to play the click and stare game, or find an excuse to go some where and buy things. I have managed to keep the TV turned off, thanks to an antenna cable that doesn't reach. Still, books sit patiently waiting to whisper thier wisdom, but I pass them by. Icons hang in silence, watching me scurry around. My prayer rope, sometimes on my wrist, sometimes behind the couch or in the folds of the carseat, lingers where it is, longing to be thumbed again.

    O laziness, O wasted time...There is hope, today I can start anew. There is hope in Christ.

    Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hod for me. Bretheren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Phillipians 3:12-14

    Lord have mercy on me.

    3 Comments:

    Blogger E Rica said...

    Although I have much, much more free time than you have (Well, not when I'm working I don't) I feel the same way. I know that I prefer mindless entertainment to thinking any day. I usually try to do something fulfilling but I have gotten so much more lazy lately.

    Don't beat yourself up sara! :)

    7:45 PM  
    Blogger fdj said...

    Sara...this all sounds very familiar to me. Believe me when I say that you are not alone is "wasting time"

    10:35 AM  
    Blogger Bluecanopy said...

    Thanks for the encouragement...honest, I wasn't fishing for back-patting here...I guess I just couldn't see the obvious. What I really needed was a shift in my perspective...thanks, again. :)

    3:25 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    babies