• (function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })(); Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    Tuesday, August 17, 2004

    My Happy Dragonflies

    Yesterday I had the old feeling sweep over me...you may know what I'm talking about. It usually comes on days where I am a little bored and have too much caffine in my bloodstream. This so-called "gotta do something new around here fast" feeling results from a strange mixture of discontentment and need for creative outlet. It usually manifests itself as sudden urges to rearrange large pieces of furniture or picture frames, etc.

    Most of the time, I just move things around a bit...sometimes I venture out to see what the local thrift stores have to contribute to my impulses. Whatever I do, it is usually pretty budget friendly; and yesterday's project was no exception.

    I had the idea to stencil in the bathroom...I knew that was cheap and fairly easy. The only thing is, I'm not a big fan of the "country" look...I can appreciate it, but it's not really me. So I headed off to the craft store, found a little dragonfly sponge stamp that cost $1.99 and a bottle of avocado green (to match the 1970's linoleum...kinda cool that the color is back in style) acrylic paint for $.89... and I stamped the afternoon away.

    My bathroom looks so happy now! The formerly lomesome and plain cream walls are now full of little green friends!

    Ahhhh....sweet indulgence, and for a grand total of $3.00!

    6 Comments:

    Blogger E Rica said...

    I have indulgences like that too but my problem is that halfway through the project i get bored and want to stop. So, if it were me stamping my bathroom with dragonflies (highly unlikely ;)) I would stop and half of the bathroom would not be finished. My impulses go both ways.

    6:58 AM  
    Blogger Karl said...

    Thrift stores are great....you can find some great bargains...

    12:19 PM  
    Blogger Beniy said...

    Yea! Dragonflies! : )

    1:10 PM  
    Blogger Xenia Kathryn said...

    How cute (and cheap!!!). You've really inspired me now... :) Although I'm nowhere near owning a house or living somewhere where I'll be allowed to paint the walls! But when I do... it'll be laden with dragonflies and whatnot!
    :D
    Xenia Katie

    3:07 PM  
    Blogger Alana said...

    Reminds me of the time I whimsically painted, freehand, bouquets of flowers on the outside of the Bathroom door, with the word 'bathroom" going down the middle.

    Yay for impulsive creativity!!!

    5:48 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    cute :)

    10:08 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    babies