• (function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })(); Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    Tuesday, November 09, 2004

    An Inspirational Poem?

    I was thinking of a funny sticker that my former boss at a Christain preshool had stuck to the mirror in the staff bathroom. It read "I'm too Blessed to be Stressed" beside a palm tree reminicent of some tropical getaway, I suppose.

    Aaron and I toss the phrase around jokingly, especially after we saw it printed in large letters on the front of a t-shirt. I know, we're bad. Ok, maybe there is a tad bit of truth in the phrase but something about it rubs me the wrong way.

    My suscpicions were confirmed when I stumbled upon this "inspirational poem" bearing the same title with an added bonus I'm Too Blessed to be Stressed, Too Anointed to be Disappointed.

    True, it is awesome to place trust in God and give thanks to Him in everything...I just can't buy the part about refusing to be sad or to cry, or to be disappionted. Oh well I'm sure I'm misled in a lot of ways too...just thought it was kinda funny.

    7 Comments:

    Blogger Beniy said...

    Your house would be cooler if it were Prayer Conditioned! : )

    3:27 PM  
    Blogger Bluecanopy said...

    LOL! That was really funny...Shoot, I can't think of a good one.

    1:25 PM  
    Blogger deleted said...

    beniy's was pretty good...it almost made me stop digging my stubs that used to be fingernails into the wall after hearing that pseudo-xian catchphrase. oh me oh my, will i ever not go nuts when i hear modern church cleaverness? ... that said, let me try...
    ...nope, nothing yet...
    ..still thinking..
    ok, "when you're tired like a dog, remember we have a mighty g g g..." I can't even finish it or think it without feeling blasphemous.

    3:25 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Pretty good! I'm still thinking...hmmmmmmm.

    I pitty your fingernails peter, really...these things are everywhere.

    BTW, did you know God answers knee mail?

    Sara

    9:52 AM  
    Blogger Beniy said...

    I'm afraid the "Prayer Conditioned" wasn't made up.
    It's from a church up near a Taco Bell in Glendale.
    Scary, huh?

    2:39 PM  
    Blogger Bluecanopy said...

    Woah...that is very scary.

    1:19 PM  
    Blogger Alana said...

    Here's one for the fast: "I'm too ascetical to be diabetical!"

    6:51 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    babies