• (function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })(); Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    Tuesday, October 04, 2005

    Quilting...the Next Frontier of my Domestic Adventures?

    Well, maybe. I think if I would have seen myself now ten years ago, I would have had some pretty weird thoughts. Staying at home! Two kids at 25! Devising a routine for household duties! The most befuddling would most likely have been this: I made a quilt!

    I have always appreciated the history of quilts and the long-standing tradition. Useful, interesting and beautiful handmade things are one my favorite pastimes. The notion has crossed my mind to make one more than once, although I have been a bit reticent...so much cutting and piecing. It is a small, 36" by 45" gift for our new niece. It would make a nice play blanket or a toddler nap blanket. It wasn't that bad and it looks pretty good. I think my sister-in-law will like it, at least I hope so. Oh well. It was fun! I stayed up until 1:30 working on it while Aaron sampled various espresso roasts over at Beniy's.

    I'm happy to be doing what I'm doing...I wouldn't wish for anything else.

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Xenia Kathryn said...

    Yeah, even 4 years ago I would have thought you were kidding if you said I was going to be married and pregnant at 22. Not that I didn't want it to happen, I just never thought I'd get what I wanted. :)

    Congrats on your crafty accomplishment! A quilt is certainly one of my goals... now you've inspired me to get to it :) Actually, I'd like to make my niece a Christmas stocking first... we'll see.

    2:31 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    babies