• (function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })(); Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    Tuesday, November 01, 2005

    Cookbook Contributions

    My friend and I are compliling a cookbook inspired by one I have that organizes meals by weeks and provides a list of ingredients needed at the beginning of each week. So we snagged the general idea, BUT we would like to tailor the recipes for Orthodox living. That is, Wednesdays and Fridays will include lenten recipes. The recipes will be family friendly as well as healthy; whole grains, fresh produce, minimal processed ingredients, etc. We really want to do it just to try it out ourselves, but we may print some copies to sell at our church bookstore if it turns out nicely.

    Anywho, I am excited to work on the project and have been compiling tried and true meals and desserts. I know there are many of you out there who just have to know heaps of great recipes...if you would be willing to share them, I'd love it!

    In addition to recipes, any general suggestions would be helpful. For example, what you like about certain cookbooks, what has annoyed you, what is helpful, etc.

    Just post a comment or email me with anything you'd like to share. Thanks for the help!

    5 Comments:

    Blogger Mimi said...

    I agree, what a great idea. My tried and true recipe is a squash soup.

    My hubby's is a wonderful tofu stir fry.

    10:54 AM  
    Blogger Bluecanopy said...

    ooh goodie, I knew y'all would pull through...can't wait to try them out.

    11:13 AM  
    Blogger Xenia Kathryn said...

    I think your cookbook is a great idea! I'd love to have a copy :)

    I've always fantasized about actually planning my meals each week... but when I look through cookbooks for help, each meal I'm interested in preparing has COMPLETELY different ingredients, it seems. So my suggestion would be, perhaps, recipes that use similar ingredients each week (like, using spinach for two different meals so as not to waste the other half of the bag). That way you can use more with less, or at least you wouldn't have to buy a ton of different ingredients for each entree. Um.... does that make sense?

    Either way, best of luck with the cookbook Sara!!

    11:48 AM  
    Blogger Bluecanopy said...

    Thanks for the suggestions, Xenia...good ideas, I like the idea of using similar ingredients. I started planning my meals for the week about 6 months ago...it really helps and dinner almost cooks itself if you shop for the week in one swoop...you don't have to think or shop everyday just cook and enjoy!

    12:10 PM  
    Blogger Christina said...

    is this based on the saving dinner cookbook? becuase i have that one and i love it! I go mega grocery shopping every other week (because one week of meals from that cookbook actually will last for two weeks in our small family (especially because wed. and fri. i have to come up with my own fasting meals)). it is also money saving to plan meals ahead of time. I have a bunch of lenten recipes on my blog from the advent fast last year and last lent... you are welcome to use any of them!

    4:06 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    babies