• (function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })(); Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    Sunday, December 04, 2005

    Winter Lent...a Time of Preparation

    Well, it certainly is that around here. Evidence of gift making is scattered throughout the house...we have started the tradition of crafting most gifts we give which is time (and space) consuming but fulfilling.

    Upon Susan's nudging, I have also been trying to make this season one of domestic preparation...that has come to life as re-organizing, rearranging, cleaning, and generally trying to give new life to old spaces and objects (things that should be done all the time but, alas, are not). I ditched the giant changing table in our guest/computer/play room and made a happy little play space for Basil. I emptied the hall closet, sifted through, refolded and placed the various linens towels, and blankets in their cubby..well, you get my drift.

    Although on most days you'd never guess it, I'm slowly chipping away at clutter and disarray. Eventuallly I hope to clear up our living space and end up with a warm and orderly nest.

    Inwardly, the tasks should be similar. Order, beauty, cleansing, bringing new life and warmth to the dusty parts and cold parts of my heart. Hopefully, little by little moment by moment and year by year these inward and outward tasks will become easier and more natural outpourings of a life filled with preparation, diligence and expectancy.

    Lord, have mercy.

    2 Comments:

    Blogger annie said...

    Hi Sara,
    I really like what your wrote. The religious holidays i.e, Christmas and Pascha, have takend such new meaning since becoming Orthodox. Preparing my heart for Christ's birth is such a challenge in a month of parties and dinners and ugh, shopping, but it is truly the most important.
    Well, I wanted to write that and also wanted to say, you and some other friends have inspired me to start a blog of my own. It is mainly about my son, and for the benefit of family that don't get to see him. But I thought I'd tell you about it. The address is amotherssong.blogspot.com

    2:59 PM  
    Blogger Susan Sophia said...

    Thank you for sharing, Sara!

    I'm way behind!
    Lord have mercy on me!

    7:26 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    babies