• (function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })(); Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    Friday, January 20, 2006

    Five Years

    Today marks the fifth anniversary of my marriage to Aaron. He has become my dearest friend and beloved. I am so thankful for his friendship, patience, commitment, and enduring love.

    This picture was taken by Aaron the day after our wedding. It has lived on our fridge ever since it was developed, I suppose I should preserve it better. I love it.


    This is a blurry photo of our wedding invitation. I remember that late night spent in a back room of Biola's art department trying to figure out how to use the big old printing press...boy was that fun!


    Thank you, Aaron for the life you have helped create. May God grant us many more through His love and Mercy.

    9 Comments:

    Blogger Susan Sophia said...

    What a beautiful post!
    May God grant you many more beautiful years!

    1:42 PM  
    Blogger Xenia Kathryn said...

    That picture is priceless! I just love it-- Aaron with no beard? Crazy! And you did your invitations yourself on an antique letterpress? Wow! Impressive! It looks absolutely beautiful :) Were you two Orthodox yet when you got married?

    Many years to you both in holy union!

    2:44 PM  
    Blogger Xenia Kathryn said...

    I didn't know you both went to Biola! Did you know Sarah Henry and Chris Tinker (now Sarah and Chris Tinker :D)? Sarah's my husband's cousin.

    2:47 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I linked to both your and your husbands posts today on my blog. Both were so beautiful, they made my day. I hope you don't mind the linkage.

    Many years to you both!

    PS My baptized name is Juliana - is your daughter named after St. Juliana of Lazarevo?

    2:53 PM  
    Blogger Mimi said...

    Happy, happy Anniversary! Enjoy the day, treat yourself and many years to you!

    Beautiful invitation, I love the paper. And, what a sweet photo.

    2:57 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Many years to both of you!
    I remember looking at the photo on your fridge and thinking how very sweet.

    5:30 PM  
    Blogger annie said...

    Happy anniversary, Aaron&Sara!
    May you see your children's children, and may God grant you many, many years!!

    10:08 PM  
    Blogger --erica said...

    Happy Anniversary you to! It was such a beautiful wedding! I don't think I'll ever forget it :)
    love to you! I can't believe it was FIVE years ago!!

    5:22 PM  
    Blogger Bluecanopy said...

    Thank you everyone :) XK, no we were Anglican at the time...we became Odox about 1 1/2 years later...nad neither of us went to BIOLA actually, I just had a friend working in the art dept. at the time...and we have a few friends who went there :) Aaron said he knows "of" Chris Tinker...I don't think I do.

    Arielle, thanks for visiting my blog :) we are so honored that you linked our posts...thank you! And yes, her patron is Juliana of Lazarevo...how cool.

    9:58 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    babies