• (function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })(); Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    Sunday, January 22, 2006

    Thanks Everyone

    Thank you to everyone who commented on my anniversary post...it made the celebration that much nicer :)

    I also wanted to share a post from one of my "secret blogs"...I have a list of art/craft blogs that I secretly spy on. I have never commented on any of them. They share so much and usually always inspire me and yet I never give back! What a louse I am! Is that bloggedly immoral?

    Anyway, maybe one day I'll get up the gumption to comment on one of these super-beautiful blogs until then, I'll quietly creep about where they can't see me like a thief in the night!

    Here's that link...it's tips on thrift-store shopping from little birds...thought I'd share it since some of you out there try to pinch pennies like we do and just love a good find :) Oh yeah, she's in the Portland area, XK..and she has a list of places she goes.

    14 Comments:

    Blogger --erica said...

    Sara! I am the same way!! I have a ton I lurke on..the crafty girls.. I know! we're bad! :) I have posted a few times go.. so jump in!

    8:53 PM  
    Blogger Bluecanopy said...

    phew...so I'm not the only one! It's kinda intimidating...I don't know if I'm cool enough to jump in :)

    10:00 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    me too. the cool crafty girls. i love those blogs. i think you're pretty cool.

    11:38 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Seriously....girls are weird. It's as true now as it was when I was five.

    Chance

    9:13 AM  
    Blogger Mimi said...

    Bwhaahhahahaa Chance. Now you know.

    I do comment on crafty blogs, but mostly scrapbooking crafty blogs. However, I don't tend to comment on "celebrity" scrapper blogs unless I know them.

    Those bowls are too, too cute!

    10:29 AM  
    Blogger Xenia Kathryn said...

    Ooh!!! Thanks for the tip, Sara! Can't wait to check out her blog :) Sounds right up my alley...!!!

    1:29 PM  
    Blogger Xenia Kathryn said...

    Gosh, the whole password thing on blogs always messes me up.. I write a comment, and then I go back a week later and it wasn't posted! Anyways, what I meant to say earlier was THANK YOU for the link to the little bird's site! I loved looking at her crafts... and she's a Portlander! Too cool. But gosh, how do these moms do it? I mean, they're constantly creating this masterpieces, AND shopping at thrift stores, AND making their home craftily immaculate... I too am intimidated.

    Maybe we can develop a genre of sub-crafty/sub-cool bloggers? Eh? :)

    9:47 PM  
    Blogger Xenia Kathryn said...

    ahh, dagnabbit... my first comment DID show up. I blame it on the mommy brain. Now you have three comments from me. It's very trinitarian, you see.

    9:48 PM  
    Blogger Bluecanopy said...

    Xenia...you're funny...do you know that magazine Real Simple? A friend of mine and I had an idea to make a mag called Really Simple because they feature "simple" things they are like $350! Although I confess I do like that mag, they should have given it a more fitting name!

    8:32 AM  
    Blogger --erica said...

    subcrafty/subcool? I'm dying here..seriously giggling. do we need a logo for that?

    11:54 AM  
    Blogger Xenia Kathryn said...

    Erica,
    Yes, we'll have to get that term copyrighted her something :)

    Sara,
    Real Simple drives me nuts, too. I love looking through the pages, but their prices demand anything but simplicity.
    I think you have a great idea with the "Real Simple." As in... here's how to organize your home WITHOUT having to install an expensive Elfa closet shelf system or buy $1,000 worth of cute canvas/wicker storage units.

    3:40 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You girls are "really" on to something...hey you should think about doing something with the "really simple" name! I happen to do a bit of trademark work in business and just for fun I checked the US Trademark website and the name "really simple" is only being used by a mobile company and nothing remotely related to your whole discussion here. You could actually trademark the name and do something great with it! I realize you are just talking here, but you know us moms, we take things literally sometimes! I'll keep checking in to see if this evolves into something with you all. Thanks for letting me peek inside your blog Sara, it's always refreshing and makes me smile.

    6:42 PM  
    Blogger Christina said...

    thanks for the link to the blog in the portland area. i'm going to have to check out some of the thrift stores that i have never heard of (obviously, i've heard of value village and goodwill:) when i was in the hospital last weekend my sister in law bought me the real simple mag (i had never read it). i agree with all of you... real simple needs to be real simple with money. if i had lots of money then, yeah, i could spend it on fancy/expensive stuff. i like the idea... really simple... a new blog, perhaps? with a few administrators, perhaps?

    4:58 PM  
    Blogger Mamasings said...

    cool...I'll check it out. Love the anniversary story and picture.

    5:18 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    babies