• (function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })(); Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    Monday, February 06, 2006

    Day

    I haven't left the boundries of our small property all day, and I feel fine. Honestly, we had a great day despite the fact that we were carless due to the blessed FREE car we inherited from some friends who moved accross the country being toast. I had lots of projects to work on (you can see the carseat cover I made for Basil's old carseat behind Juliana). Basil was in usual form, spunky and loud...singing here.

    The slow pace was nice after a busy-ish weekend. Sometimes I really am a 10 on the homebody scale, although I usually fall somewhere around four or five...gotta get out at least once a day. My mom came over in the afternoon and brought dinner supplies, made us a yummy chicken chili and played with the kids...always nice.

    And aaaaah quiet at last.

    9 Comments:

    Blogger Mamasings said...

    I used to feel like getting out of the house a lot when I had real little ones. Somehow it can be a good break, but now that they're older, it's easier to be home all day. I usually only like to go out now when I can go by myself.

    11:30 PM  
    Blogger Sean Reagan said...

    Awwww, Juliana "Rosy-Cheeks" Plew.

    And Basil...Basil looks like he's practicing to be one of the Three Tenors.

    1:13 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    How did you make that cute carseat cover? Did you use a pattern?

    9:27 AM  
    Blogger Mimi said...

    Enjoy the quiet!

    10:11 AM  
    Blogger Bluecanopy said...

    ruth, i can really see how that would be true.

    arielle, i just sort of laid out fabric over the seat to measure it and cut it in a rectangle then made a casing for elastic all the way around...then button-holed where the straps needed to fit through and put bias tape around the openings...it wasn't too hard.

    Mimi, I did! :)

    11:28 AM  
    Blogger Xenia Kathryn said...

    I love the car seat cover idea! I might have to do that when I get a sewing machine.

    I think Juliana is going to look like Basil, do you think so? I saw his baby pics on Flickr and they look so much alike!

    :)

    I'm such a homebody. We'll see if it changes once Baby is here.

    9:58 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    sweet pictures.

    i can definitely see the resemblance, it's those beautiful eyes. :)

    12:40 AM  
    Blogger Todd said...

    I'm sorry to hear that you are carless, but better carless than careless. Thankfully, you seem care-free, even if car-free because your free car fails to be. If you care about your car, but you cannot drive it far, have the tow truck drive you to the store. If you're careful with your bids, another carful of your kids will surely skid into your driveway once more.

    12:42 PM  
    Blogger Bluecanopy said...

    Todd, I love you brother...I really do ! You're humor never ceases to amaze me.

    5:56 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    babies