• (function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })(); Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    Sunday, February 26, 2006

    Morning Funnies

    This weekend has been filled with pinkeye, runny noses and wads of soggy tissues. Aaron was serving at the altar, so the two sick babes and I stayed home from Liturgy this morning. While Juliana was catching some much needed Zs, Basil and I were hanging out and talking, doing dishes in the kitchen.

    He says to me "I don't like Deacon Justin, Mommy. He's not a nice guy."

    And I'm thinking "Deacon Justin, Deacon Justin...hmmm...I know we have an abundance of deacons at St. B's but I know them all...we don't know a Deacon Justin."

    Meanwhile bubbles are spilling over the sink edge and Basil's still lamenting this anonymous clergy.

    Then he says "He's really sour and yucky!" And it clicks!

    Not Deacon Justin....DECONGESTANT!!!!

    10 Comments:

    Blogger Xenia Kathryn said...

    LOL!
    Oh, that's just great! I love it!

    Basil, you rock! Get better soon :)

    2:58 PM  
    Blogger Katie Harris said...

    That's AWESOME. I got a much needed chuckle out of that one. Thanks Basil and Sara!!! Hope everyone gets to feeling better.

    4:07 PM  
    Blogger --erica said...

    LOL!!
    Poor you!!!
    We wen't through pink eye up here as well!!!Hope everyone is one the mend!

    6:35 PM  
    Blogger Mimi said...

    Bwahahahahahahahahaa! That's funny.

    I'm sorry that everyone is sick, pink eye and runny noses aren't fun.

    10:52 AM  
    Blogger E Rica said...

    lol! that reminds me of an experience I had with my Protestant cousin once. She came on a vacation with us and Deacon Tom and the fam were there. Everyone was calling him Deacon Tom but at one point she got frustrated and said, "OKAY! I know who Tom is but who is Dick?"

    Dick and Tom...hehe

    10:12 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love Basil stories! Sorry for the pinkeye and runny noses.

    12:05 AM  
    Blogger Kassianni said...

    LOL! ah, too funny. kids are great.

    7:07 AM  
    Blogger Mamasings said...

    Great story..missed you all at church.

    12:06 AM  
    Blogger Matthew Francis said...

    That's hilarious.

    Reminds me of this story my wife told me about how when she used to get medicine as a very little girl she would cross her arms as if going for Communion! It made her mum smile.

    9:38 AM  
    Blogger Bluecanopy said...

    Thanks for all of the comments and weel-wished for health! So glad you all enjoyed the story...and Matthew Francis, thanks for visiting my blog...your wedding pictures are LOVELY...and that is really cute about your wife :)

    6:13 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    babies