• (function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })(); Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    Tuesday, May 09, 2006

    Backyard Finds

    So, the kids were sleeping and I was tidying up the kitchen. I went to take the trash out to the bin out back. It was so quiet. I checked the garden, sat down for a minute, and went inside to get my camera. I know, dork. Walking around the yard taking pictures. It's fun, what can I say? Here's what I found...

    A place to swing. I asked my mom to bring back a hammock from her recent trip to Mexico. This is the softest woven hammock I have laid in. This thing is dangerously comfortable. A few years ago I made a canvas one with woven hang-y parts. I borrowed Beniy's cool book on hammock making. It came out nicely, I thought but not as comfortable as this sweet score.

    Tomato Blossoms. One eager yellow trumpet made it's way into our garden. Can't wait for the plump juicy reds we'll find in a few weeks time.







    Paint soup. Basil's leftovers from a past creation that is still hanging out by the water spigot. Tasty fun.





    Friendly fungus? I have no idea. I guess I could bust out the mushroom book and try to identify this baby. If we find a dead possum or cat I guess we'll know. Better get rid of it before curious hands try to add this to a certain soup!

    5 Comments:

    Blogger Munkee said...

    Ahhh...bluecanopy fix.

    1:27 PM  
    Blogger Kassianni said...

    ok, very very jealous of that comfy looking hammock.

    2:58 PM  
    Blogger Mimi said...

    I'm glad Aaron got his fix.

    That hammock looks wonderful - I'd love to while away the time reading in it.

    3:10 PM  
    Blogger Elizabeth said...

    Oh....we need to find a good place to hang our hammock. Now that the beautiful days of Spring are here!

    11:22 PM  
    Blogger Mamasings said...

    Oooo...I've been thinking about a hammock for a long time. I'll have to check yours out next time I'm over.

    12:14 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    babies