• (function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })(); Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    Wednesday, May 03, 2006

    My Singer Has Lost Its Voice

    My Singer sewing machine, that is. No, that's not MY machine in the picture, but it is a beauty. Mine really needs to be taken in for a repair. The bobbin thread isn't catching and I think the timing is off in general. Bummer. Why do I feel the urge to use it when I can't? Maybe now I can get a bunch of things cut out and ready to go.

    I found a sweet pale yellow cotton with pink and white dots for a dollar today. I think it will be a good summer dress for Juliana...or maybe pajamas for me...hmmm. Wash and cut.

    After chores, that is. Thanks to Susan and her Mother's Rule of Life, I actually have a schedule to follow. I know, how very un-Sara...but boy does it help. Speaking of which. I have a bathroom to clean...maybe I'll make a trip to the repair shop after the kids wake up.

    Here's to getting things done.

    4 Comments:

    Blogger Xenia Kathryn said...

    Hey Sara!
    Glad to see you're blogging again, I missed you during Lent!

    What is your e-mail address? I'd like to send you the link to Vasilia's online photos :)

    Take care!

    2:58 PM  
    Blogger Kassianni said...

    sorry to hear about the sewing machine. mine's a 14 year old janome which kurt bought for me when we first got married (he sold his snow-board for it! that's love)
    I've been sewing up a storm lately too. a baptismal outfit for my friend's baby (dupioni silk, so luxurious), and now Avery wants a 'flowy' skirt.
    hope it's back in commission soon!
    and thanks for the wonderful resource. that site is wonderful.

    12:05 PM  
    Blogger Bluecanopy said...

    carol...prep work is a drag. Yeah for cuffs. I'm excited...thanks!

    victoria...i love dupioni silk. my wedding dress was a cream dupioni, i loved it. i recently made a baptismal gown for one of the babies at church...it was my first. my friend appliqued a beautiful three bar cross on the front of it. Have fun with avery's skirt :) oh that mrol website is really cool, the book is even better, you should check it out...and read susan's posts on it she summarizes it really well.

    1:14 PM  
    Blogger Mimi said...

    I'm sewing impaired. I am in awe of those of you who can sew.

    I'm sorry the machine is down.

    4:21 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    babies