• (function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })(); Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    Tuesday, July 25, 2006

    When Life Gives You Blistering Heatwaves

    Hang your diapers! I just started line drying the little stinkers. I had been tossing them in the dryer because it seemed "faster" and "easier". The sun dries, bleaches and disinfects all in about ten minutes! Duh. Why haven't I done this before? Save energy and money, plus there something extremely fulfilling about as well. With sweat spouting out of every pore, I say "here's to you, big flying flame ball up there, you do more than you know!"

    5 Comments:

    Blogger layne (herman) said...

    dries, bleaches and disinfects sounds like 3 good reasons for using the clothesline to me.

    8:00 PM  
    Blogger E Rica said...

    I know what you mean, it is fulfilling doing things "on your own." I bet housewives back in the 1800s would be rolling their eyes at us these days.

    9:06 AM  
    Blogger Elizabeth said...

    Plus you aren't heating the house while you're trying to cool it. I agree--there is something fulfilling about line-drying clothes. And I love the smell of air-dried!

    9:54 AM  
    Blogger Mimi said...

    Yay! It looks so lovely.

    10:41 AM  
    Blogger Susan Sophia said...

    I totally miss my clothesline I had at our old house. And have no idea why I've never put one up here, but you can be sure there will be one at the new place!

    One of my favorite things of all time...
    climbing into a freshly made bed with sheets that have been dried in the sun! They feel sooooo good and smell even better!
    (This can only be achieved with cotton sheets.)

    10:52 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    babies