• (function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })(); Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    Tuesday, August 22, 2006

    I'll Let Aaron Tell this One

    Needless to say, I nearly had an accident. Well, you'll understand when you read this email Aaron sent to Father Wayne.

    Father Bless!

    Father,

    I thought I'd share a quick story with you that just happened this week. Basil was playing in the front yard with his wagon while Sara was helping Juliana in our sandbox. The next thing Sara knows, Basil is really excited and exclaims, "Mommy, I caught a SPIDER!" He runs over to her and holds out his hand to reveal a healthy, adult, female, Black Widow. When I came home from class we sat down and talked about the incident with him at length. The poor guy was SO embarrassed and sad about the incident, I think he'll remember in the future.

    Anyway, I just thought it was nothing other than his blessed guardian angel stilling a species of spider that is normally very agressive. Glory to Jesus Christ!

    In Him,
    Aaron

    This is pretty much what it looked like. Big, black and freaky. We have them all over the yard and we're constantly inspecting toys and other things. This one slipped through the cracks. Seeing that sucker in my little boy's hand was pretty crazy. Thank God he was unharmed!

    10 Comments:

    Blogger Xenia Kathryn said...

    aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

    praise be to God!!!!

    1:40 PM  
    Blogger layne (herman) said...

    Glory to God!

    Parenting can be an exciting, and scary, gig at times.

    2:43 PM  
    Blogger fdj said...

    Spiders are demonic. I hate them, I hate them, I hate them.

    3:02 PM  
    Blogger Kassianni said...

    scatter chesnuts all over your yard. spiders hate them.
    glory to God, he's okay!

    7:06 PM  
    Blogger Mimi said...

    Yikes, eeeeeeeeek.

    10:36 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I sent this to my boyfriend, who is a biochemist, and he says they have a PET black widow in their lab named Charlotte.

    Crazy scientists.

    Glad Basil's okay. That would have given me a heart attack.

    3:20 PM  
    Blogger E Rica said...

    *gasps* Frightening, indeed!

    6:21 PM  
    Blogger D. I. Dalrymple said...

    I'm so glad he wasn't bitten. Perhaps the spider knew it wasn't worth risking a parent's wrath.

    When I was about twelve I was bitten by a black widow. I got an awful rash that followed the line of my vein up my arm, and I felt like I had the flu for a few days. The doctor put me on antibiotics and I got better. Of course, now I have spiderman-like super powers, which is cool.

    5:37 PM  
    Blogger Munkee said...

    wow...scriv, that's amazing. The Black Widow is the most venomous spider in North America.

    Would you say that your spider sense is truly a tingling sensation, or more of a low hum?

    9:32 AM  
    Blogger --erica said...

    chills through my whole body.

    I am so thankful for the angels that watch our children!

    7:21 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    babies