• (function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })(); Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    Thursday, August 10, 2006

    Pourquoi Je Blog et Gratitude

    We all know the intelligence level of my blog has been steadily declining. Looking back on really old posts, I think "boy, is this what happens? My brain goes mush and all I can write about is what my kids are doing or what kind of bowel movements we are having??!!"

    Well, with less time to sit and compose clever or thoughtful commentaries on life and even less time to sit quietly with a book or news story and then pretend I have something terribly deep and noteworthy to say about it, I am coming to grips with the fact that the bluecanopy has slowly become a casual notepad for quick things I want to share or would like to remember in a few years. Hopefully Blogger won't collapse. I do like having a little space of my own, even if it is really just binary codes combined in some way too abstract way for me to comprehend. I like to think that this is something I can share with my kids as they grow and that Aaron and I can look back on in time.

    Whew, had to say that for some reason.

    So, gratitude...

    coffee this morning
    cold watermelon
    cool thrift store finds (small watering can for kids and a wooden thread rack)
    a shower
    paid bills
    an excursion out of the house
    clean kitchen floor
    a husband who loves me
    a merciful God
    new shampoo
    a fun backyard
    banana bread
    friends
    family
    ...and so much more (but just a list so I don't forget)

    have a splendid Thursday.

    4 Comments:

    Blogger Mimi said...

    Amen! What a beautiful list.

    I go through peaks and valleys in my blog brilliance .

    12:40 PM  
    Blogger Xenia Kathryn said...

    Yeah, I'm with you on the brain o' mush. Sometimes I wonder, "Why am I still blogging? Should I call it quits?" I dunno.

    Oh, and I laughed out loud at the title of your previous blog, especially as it brought a certain song to mind that I hadn't thought of since I was, oh, 10 years old. :D hehe

    I had good coffee this morning (I visited my college town this morning and went to my very favoritist coffee place for a latte and a scone *salivates*), and went to a thrift store too. You've got great things on your list!!!

    Take care,
    Katie

    2:57 PM  
    Blogger Kassianni said...

    that list is like a poem. it's lovely.

    8:09 PM  
    Blogger Belladonna said...

    Finding one's voice and participating in community has tremendous value, even when the words may not be profound.

    11:05 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    babies