• (function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })(); Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    Monday, October 16, 2006

    How the Monkey Became a Goose














    It's simple, really. I found a cute goose on an organic toys website and altered it a bit, using materials I had on hand and made it my style.

    A friend of mine asked me to make her a soft animal and left the rest up to me...I like how she turned out, kinda autumnal and cozy. Her body is a cashmere knit from a shrunken sweater, the feet are cotton and the beak is wool felt. I've been making and selling human dolls with a Waldorf flair at a local boutique. They are so fun to make because they seem to come alive with unique little personalities. I think animals will be a fun new venture. Man that cup of coffee this mornning sure made a difference in my productivity level, scary.

    9 Comments:

    Blogger Kassianni said...

    that is incredible! you really are a seamstress extroadinaire! I love this goose. it looks like an heirloom toy, as I'm sure it will be.

    9:22 PM  
    Blogger Susan Sophia said...

    That is SOOO cute! I'd love to see the dolls you mentioned. Maybe you've blogged about them but I remember them. My girls are so into dolls!

    6:52 AM  
    Blogger Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

    What a cute goose! That is the sort of thing that I wish I could do, and barring that, wish I could afford to buy. :)

    Where do you sell your creations, out of curiosity?

    8:54 AM  
    Blogger Mimi said...

    So cool!

    9:28 AM  
    Blogger Bluecanopy said...

    Thanks guys, *blush*.

    Susan, I didn't blog about the dolls and actually didn't takeany photos of them...I should. If I ever do, I'll post 'em. There are some cool doll aking kits out there that you could even do with your girls...try Joy's Waldorf Dolls or Magic Cabin (online). While a lot of the Waldorf philosophy is out there, the toys and materials are beautiful.

    Emily, There's a store in downtown fullerton called Belly Sprout. They sell "natural parenting" products and some high end diaper bags, etc. It's inside the Birth Connection on Harbor just South of Berkeley. It's a neat store, though pricey. Thanks for commenting :)

    10:49 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    How adorable! You are sooooo talented, Sara.

    I gotta check that store out when I'm in the area...

    3:12 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That is adorable! I wish I had the ambition to make crafts like that.

    6:07 PM  
    Blogger Susan Sophia said...

    Well, but if you make and sell them I should support you! :)

    6:42 AM  
    Blogger annie said...

    I love the goose feet. Nice material choices. Also, I noticed your very cute sweet basil tag. ( I am assuming that's what it says.) Nice job!

    5:58 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    babies