• (function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })(); Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    Thursday, December 28, 2006

    Huuuuuuuuuuuuuhp!

    That's the sound of my blog gasping for breath...sorry for the silence. Life has been quite busy lately as it probably has been for most of you. I wish you all a blessed Nativity, Christ is Born!

    We have been decompressing from the whirlwind of celebrations, all fun but tiring! The kids are enjoying their new goods, especially Basil who has discovered the thrill of riding downhill on a bicycle! We had to work a bit on how to turn the wheel to avoid crashing into the park bench at the bottom, but he's got it now :)

    Let's see....since I last blogged lots has happened. My grandfather passed away on Friday the eighth. The day before we were able to visit with him and talk with him. I'm so thankful for those last moments spent with him. It has been hard, though. He was such a special man and death of a loved one is never an easy thing. I could write more, but I won't...I'm sure you understand. May his memory be eternal and may he rest in the presence of his Lord.

    We also discovered through the amazing feats of modern science that the little wiggly creature inside me is actually a baby boy!

    We are all excited...Basil is happy to have a prospective wrestling partner and Juliana thinks the ultrasound pictures are of a lion! She growls when she sees them...I think we were joking about whether it was a baby lion or a baby human just before the scan. It's pretty cute.

    Here's a recent photo of the kids...our camera is still out of comission and man do I feel like my right arm is cut off...I really miss being able to pull it out whenever I want. Soon enough, though, soon enough. Well, have a nice day and enjoy the post-christmas lull and don't forget to keep celebrating!

    13 Comments:

    Blogger annie said...

    It is just amazing to look at your children together because it really looks like it could be you and aaron, as babes, sitting next to eachother.
    They are so sweet.
    Oh, and congratulations on another boy!

    1:41 PM  
    Blogger Xenia Kathryn said...

    Yay! A man-child!

    :D

    Glad to hear an update from you. Many, many condolences on the loss of your grandpa... I thoroughly can relate... :(

    Christ is Born!

    6:25 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hello dear friend. a lovely post and lovely photo. i miss you all.

    12:38 AM  
    Blogger Susan Sophia said...

    Memory Eternal to your grandfather.

    It is nice to read your update. How exciting to have another boy coming. My boys wouldn't know what to do without each other and they are so much alike.

    Glad you are enjoying the Feast of the Nativity. Celebrating is so fun!

    Love,
    Susan Sophia

    1:00 PM  
    Blogger E Rica said...

    It does look like B and J could be aaron and you sitting together. How cute!

    1:39 PM  
    Blogger Kassianni said...

    what a wonderful picture of your sweet babies. a little brother for basil! how great. I think all boys should have at least one brother.
    I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather. I still miss mine terribly, but am so grateful he loved my God so much.
    I hope your Christmas was restful and that your new year will be blessed!

    12:53 AM  
    Blogger deleted said...

    I'm sorry about the loss of your grandfather. May his memory indeed be Eternal.

    9:23 AM  
    Blogger Bluecanopy said...

    thank you all for the kind words about my grandpa...they are very appreciated :)

    1:49 PM  
    Blogger Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

    I love your new header picture - so cute!

    9:42 PM  
    Blogger Mimi said...

    Glorify Him!

    I can heartily endorse boys, as I also have two! Congratulations.

    10:29 AM  
    Blogger Mimi said...

    I'm so sorry to hear of your grandfather. May his Memory be Eternal.

    10:29 AM  
    Blogger jen-o said...

    Hi Sara! It's Jen from church. I love hearing your thoughts and your kids are so cute. I was wondering, how did you do that header of your boys for your blog? I've been trying to figure out how to customize my blog and can't figure out how to change the header. Any hints?

    2:45 PM  
    Blogger Bluecanopy said...

    Jen,

    Thanks for your comment...it's good to hear from you!

    In regards to the header, you need to edit a photo so it's actually the size you want it to appear as on the page. I just right click and select edit on the actual photo. Then you can crop it down/resize it, add text, etc. You can also just save text as a photo file if you don't want an actual image.

    Next you upload the edited photo to an outside source. I use photobucket but if you have another website you can use that. Photobucket is nice because they provide you with the html to copy and paste into your blogger template.

    Then you go into your blogger template and scroll down to the header section and delete all of the default stuff or whatever you have there right now. Then paste in the html code for the photo wherever you stored it (like photobucket). You may have to fiddle with it a bit by adding line break codes or reediting the photo if it doesn't fit the first time.

    There's probably a better way to do it but that's my mickey mouse way! If anyone else reading has better suggestions please feel free to post them!

    If you have trouble finding the header section in your template html, you can go to my blog and right click and select view page source and see where I have pasted the photobucket html. That will be the same place where you'll put it in yours.

    Does that help??? If you have questions, I'd love to try helping you more. Good Luck!!

    12:58 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    babies